Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Re: ESC key stopped working -- any alternate for menuless vim to get to normal mode?

On Tue, 08 Oct 2013 05:54:48 +0200
Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@gmail.com> wrote:


> FWIW, my own Esc key is broken (the electronics are OK but the key
> itself has come unstuck then got lost). In programs other than Vim I
> actuate it, when needed, with the tail end of a teaspoon.

Alternatively, keyboards often are sold at garage sales for three bucks
apiece, and a lot of them have the layout and feel you like. I'm pretty
sure that for this entire century I've been using used keyboards on my
daily driver computer, either old Compaqs, or occasionally, old IBM
clickety-clacks.

At a garage sale a few weeks, for three bucks, I got a dual core AMD
desktop with 1GB RAM and 60GB disk, which I repaired, added RAM to, and
pressed into duty as a firewall/router/nat. The lady threw in a
keyboard, and it's one of the sweetest keyboards I've typed on. That
just might end up being my next daily typer.

SteveT

Steve Litt * http://www.troubleshooters.com/
Troubleshooting Training * Human Performance

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: