Friday, October 11, 2013

Re: Vim on XP

Phil Dobbin <phildobbin@gmail.com> a écrit:
> After starting with computers in '87 with the now Classic Mac OS & going
> onto OS X in 2000 & Linux in 2005, today I was presented with my very
> first Windows machine (XP Pro) for a project I'm doing.

Poor you. You escaped from Apple, and now you're stuck with Microsoft...

> The second thing I did after installing Chrome was to install gVim74 &
> place a highly curtailed `_vimrc` & the directory `vimfiles` from the
> result of `:echo $HOME' in the appropriate place.

That's how I use gVim on Windows at work.

> I'm wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction of some
> good online resources for Vim on Windows so I can get up to speed
> quickly with regards to plugins, tips & tricks, etc?

I don't think there's anything special, except for those plugins that
rely on Python or anything else (I have some Lua code which I can't
use on Windows because it requires a Lua library that I can't install
for some reason). The only thing I can see is to use the Cream
version, which has a full Vim up-to-date for Windows, unlike the Vim
for Windows downloadable from the Vim site, which often lags behind.

(Note: I don't use many plugins, so perhaps I'm missing something
important.)

Best,
Paul

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: