Friday, October 11, 2013

Re: Vim on XP

On 2013-10-11, Phil Dobbin wrote:
> On 11/10/2013 15:09, Paul Isambert wrote:
> > Phil Dobbin a écrit:

> >> I'm wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction of some
> >> good online resources for Vim on Windows so I can get up to speed
> >> quickly with regards to plugins, tips & tricks, etc?
> >
> > I don't think there's anything special, except for those plugins that
> > rely on Python or anything else (I have some Lua code which I can't
> > use on Windows because it requires a Lua library that I can't install
> > for some reason). The only thing I can see is to use the Cream
> > version, which has a full Vim up-to-date for Windows, unlike the Vim
> > for Windows downloadable from the Vim site, which often lags behind.
> >
> > (Note: I don't use many plugins, so perhaps I'm missing something
> > important.)
>
> That's the thing: I have over forty plugins & use several different
> colour schemes dependent on file type.
>
> I guess I'll just keep searching on Google. Something will turn up, I'm
> sure.

Do you have any specific issues with using Vim and your plugins on
Windows? I have one directory, named ~/.vim on Unix and ~/vimfiles
on Windows, that I use for all my plugins. I use Dropbox and Unison
to keep in sync across all the computers I use. There are a few
places in my vimrc file where I use conditionals such as 'if
has("win32")', but most things work the same in both environments.

Regards,
Gary

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: