Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Re: Make gVim open in a larger window

On 2014-06-24 05:06, John Little wrote:
> >but when I double-click on a file in Windows Explorer and it opens
> >in gVim, the window is very small and I always have to enlarge it.
> >How do I make the window appear larger?
>
> If you have
>
> set lines=60 columns=100
>
> in your .gvimrc, you get 60 lines and 100 columns.

Just as an aside, I don't know if this is still the behavior (whether
remedied in later versions of Vim or in how post-XP Windows handles
it), but as of last time I checked, if you set 'lines' to something
larger than will fit on the screen, gvim/XP will truncate that to a
number of lines that do fit. This doesn't happen for me on
Debian+X+Fluxbox, so I'm not sure which piece is causing the problem
for me on XP.

But on XP, I do use 'lines', 'columns' and ":winpos" in my gvimrc to
position my gvim window roughly where I want it (even if I'd prefer
to squeeze out the extra line that I can get by manually
repositioning the window)

-tim



--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: