Monday, June 30, 2014

Re: Tabstop for python on mac for vim 7.4 messed up

On 2014-06-30, Sid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using vim 7.4 on the Mac. In my .vimrc, I set the tabstop to
> 4. However if I have the line "filetype plugin on" (which I really
> need), then the tabstop for python (but not for c++, java, c,
> julia) is being set to 8. This is happening both with MacVim as
> well as the brew install version.
>
> This does not happen with Vim 7.3, neither for the OSX default nor
> for MacVim.

I think the behavior you're seeing is correct. I don't have the
reference at the moment, but at least at one time Python specified
that tab stops were to be 8. Indentation, though, can be anything
you want.

Regards,
Gary

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: