Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Backslash after line continuation causes error in gvim

Hi,

I just started learning vim and use gvim on Windows as suggested on vim portal.

Now if I load Python file, python.vim script is triggered from ftplugin folder and errors on line that uses backslash which I assume is supposed to play role of line continuation character.

For example this is the line where plugin fails:

let b:browsefilter = "Python Files (*.py)\t*.py\n" .
\ "All Files (*.*)\t*.*\n"

with error: "\ should be followed by /, ? or &"

I noticed the cause on trial and error, and now I see that any vim script that has backslash as line continuation fails.

What to do? Doing regex replace ("\r?\n +\\") is not good as I don't want to do that on every script I intend to use. Plus that's not all - it fails also on:

nnoremap <silent> <buffer> ]] :call <SID>Python_jump('/^\(class\\|def\)')<cr>

with error: "Not an editor command: def\)')<cr>"


I expect that there must be some setting which could save me the trouble of correcting this issue over and over again.


Thanks

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: