Thursday, July 17, 2014

Re: eVim - easy Vim - How to make it work on Ubuntu?

@ZyX, on my Windows machine I have cleaned-up _vimrc all of this Windows specifics. For test the only command in my _vimrc is: "set nocompatible". I even opened vim and execute command: e $MYVIMRC to see if this file really opens up and takes effect and it does. So no Windows specific shortcuts in _vimrc and all of described WORKS successfully on Vim for Windows. But the same does not on Linux (Ubuntu, Suse).

@John Little, I tried starting "vim -u NONE -y file" but still no success, the only shortcuts working is CTRL+A and CTRL+arrow_keys. The same problem on Ubuntu/Suse. Exactly the same as with only "vim -y myfile".

@John Little, about "bonus question": I can't just close down with ALT+F4, I am using headless = no GUI = terminal only server.


Additional test:
I have now also checked the same on "Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop" and having exactly the same problem with both starting commands (vim -y myfile and vim -u NONE -y myfile), exactly the same problem. I have also added only "set nocompatible" command in .vimrc file.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: