Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Re: Ignore special characters in highlighting?

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 12:21 PM, Ethan Hereth <advocateddrummer@gmail.com> wrote:

I know nothing about highlighting syntax, but maybe \zs and \ze will
help? (:help \ze, :help \zs)

Thanks — they do indeed help (thanks to Dr. Campbell for pointing those out to me before), but even though they allow me to start the group for "foo" after the { and end it before the }, those characters are highlighted along with the string text.

I guess I must want some way of saying "here are characters I don't care about; don't highlight them."

Ben

--
b

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: