Thursday, July 31, 2014

Re: Treat section of file as entire file

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

NrrwRgn and jkramer/vim-narrow don't save the original buffer when I write changes to the narrowed region.

Due to narrow_region and kana/vim-narrow using folds, these save the original buffer but also :%s// affects it.

I see I'll have to create some sort of autocmd to trigger saving the original buffer when I save the narrowed region (so I can trigger a make on it). It's a shame I can't do a ":w | w #1", for example, which I could easily repeat with ":" followed by ↑…

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: