Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Re: color scheme changes on vimrc file save

On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 1:42:49 PM UTC-5, Eric Patton wrote:
> Hi,
>
>
>
> I'm having a problem in my terminal vim instances, where my color scheme
>
> changes to something resembling murphy when I :w the file. I have the
>
> colorscheme set to 'desert' in my vimrc, and there are no other instances of
>
> a colorscheme command in the vimrc besides that one.
>
>
>
> The peculiar thing is that the colorscheme only switches to become
>
> murphy-like when I save *my vimrc*. All other text files maintain the
>
> desert color scheme upon :w. After my vimrc has been saved and the color scheme
>
> changes to murphy, the :colorscheme command still reports 'desert'.
>
>
>
> I only have one vimrc in $HOME. Just not sure what else could be
>
> changing the colors like that - any ideas?
>

Does your .vimrc source itself when you save it? Sometimes that can cause problems depending on how commands are ordered.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: