Tuesday, November 25, 2014

[2nd post] vim taglist: jump to local file first

can anyone help on this?

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 12:17 PM, ping song <songpingemail@gmail.com> wrote:
> this annoys me for quite a while...
>
> I started some scripts and created some functions/procedures in it.
> later when I created new script I simply borrowed these (well tested)
> fucntions/procedures in new scripts, but I may modified them here and
> there to get the new task done.
> now I end up with multiple files, each with overlapped function definitions.
>
> this is fine for the scripts - there is no cross reference so they all
> works good.
>
> now the issue is, I started taglist in one of the script1, and when I
> want to go to definition of script1:function1, I sometime end up to to
> have another script2 opened
> and I was put in the postion of script2:function1 definition.
>
> I had impression taglist/ctags always go to local file first, so I am
> wondering what happened and how to fix it?
>
> b.t.w I have vim easytags installed, so all tags were generated automatically...

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: