Thursday, November 27, 2014

Re: Vim and disabillity accessability

Den 2014-11-27 17:06, Tim Chase skrev:
> On 2014-11-27 16:24, BPJ wrote:
>> BTW I've found that I can't get the sticky-keys feature of GNOME
>> to work, inside or outside Vim. :-(
>
> While I don't have good answers for your other questions, in the past
> I've used "xkbset" to tweak these options without GNOME. On my
> Debian box, I had to install it
>
> sudo apt-get install xkbset
>
> and then to test it out, I issued

so how do i make it permanent? Or rather: where should I write
these to make them permanent? It seems to reset itself when the
next commandline command is executed, which is kind of
inconvenient! :-)

>
> xkbset st -twokey -latchlock
>
> You can remove the "-" before "twokey" if you want to be able to
> press two keys together to turn off an activated modifier (so if you
> press shift, then don't want to shift, you can press two keys
> together);

This I got to work.

and can remove the "-" from before the "latchlock" if you
> want to be able to press the modifier key twice (shift, shift) to
> have it act like it's locked.

That I couldn't get to work

>
> It seems like this is the best/right way to solve the problem because
> it not only would address the issue in Vim (which I just tested, and
> it works as expected), but in all your other applications.

Yes, thanks a million!

>
> -tim
>
>
>
>
AAaaa

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: