Saturday, November 29, 2014

vim (windows) <==> vim (unix)

Hi,

At home I am using vim on my Linux box. At work
I use vim on Solaris and windows.

I have configured vim on windows to act as identical
as possible like the vim on Linux/Solaris/UNIX.

But there is one thing left, which nags me too much
as to be ignored and I cant find the configuration
option to switch it to sane UNIX behaviour:

On UNIX I often do this
Yank that word, visually select a part of other text,
which I want to replace with what I have copied before
and paste it over.

On windows this happens, when doing that:
Yank that word, visually select a part of other text,
which I want to replace with what I have copied before
and ***DAMN!*** the selected text has already replaced the
yank buffer and the text yanked before gets lost.

What option needs to be changed to switch that feature
to what I am used to under UNIX?

Thank you very much in advance for any help!
Best regards,
Meino






--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: