Thursday, November 20, 2014

vim opening files in wrong directory

Hello,

Sometimes when I'm using vim it will start behaving as if I ran it in
a different directory. It seems to be particular files that set it
off, where I have other files with the same name elsewhere on my disk.
For example, if I `cd ~/src/a/app/controllers` and `vi
users_controller.rb`, then I `:e application_controller.rb`, vim will
open ~/src/b/app/controllers/application_controller.rb. If I `:!pwd`
I'll get ~/src/b/app/controllers. If I `:ls` it will show this:

~/src/a/app/controllers/users_controller.rb
application_controller.rb

I've been living with this for years, and I've never had success
trying to Google it. If I close all my vim sessions and `rm -rf
~/.vim/view` the problem goes away for a little while, but it always
comes back.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas how I can troubleshoot it?

I'm running 7.3 on Ubuntu 12.04, although I've had the problem going
back to version 6.

My .vimrc is pretty short, but I'll paste it below just in case.

Sorry this isn't very reproducible, but I'm hoping it rings a bell for someone.

Thanks!
Paul



set enc=utf-8
set suffixes=.bak,~,.o,.h,.info,.swp,.obj,.aux,.log,.bbl,.blg,.dvi,.pdf

call pathogen#infect()

syntax on
set nocompatible
set autoindent
let java_allow_cpp_keywords=1
filetype plugin indent on

set noerrorbells
set vb t_vb=

" Don't put two spaces after . ! and ? when joining lines:
set nojoinspaces

" Use this to toggle autoindent before and after pasting:
set pastetoggle=<F2>

set backspace=indent,eol,start
set hlsearch

set expandtab
set shiftwidth=2
set softtabstop=2
set tabstop=2

set foldmethod=manual
set foldlevelstart=99
set foldlevel=99
set nofoldenable

command NoSearch :let @/= ""
map :ns :NoSearch

runtime macros/matchit.vim

function Languages()
cnoremap EN set keymap=
cnoremap GR set keymap=greek_utf-8
cnoremap LA set keymap=latin
cnoremap FR set keymap=accents
endfunction
command Languages call Languages()

" Use 'very magic' mode for regexes,
" so the escaping works like Perl/Ruby/Java/Python:
" :nnoremap / /\v
" :vnoremap / /\v

au BufWinLeave * mkview
au BufWinEnter * silent loadview



--
_________________________________
Pulchritudo splendor veritatis.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: