Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Re: [2nd post] vim taglist: jump to local file first

On Tuesday, November 25, 2014 7:40:07 AM UTC-6, ping wrote:
> can anyone help on this?
>
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 12:17 PM, ping song <songpingemail@gmail.com> wrote:
> > this annoys me for quite a while...
> >
> > I started some scripts and created some functions/procedures in it.
> > later when I created new script I simply borrowed these (well tested)
> > fucntions/procedures in new scripts, but I may modified them here and
> > there to get the new task done.
> > now I end up with multiple files, each with overlapped function definitions.
> >
> > this is fine for the scripts - there is no cross reference so they all
> > works good.
> >
> > now the issue is, I started taglist in one of the script1, and when I
> > want to go to definition of script1:function1, I sometime end up to to
> > have another script2 opened
> > and I was put in the postion of script2:function1 definition.
> >
> > I had impression taglist/ctags always go to local file first, so I am
> > wondering what happened and how to fix it?
> >
> > b.t.w I have vim easytags installed, so all tags were generated automatically...

I use taglist, and I've never seen this happen.

Taglist creates and uses its own tags file by default, it doesn't use one you build yourself.

It's possible easytags interferes with taglist in some way but I don't know.

If you can come up with a pair of files where this occurs reliably, I'm sure someone (probably the Taglist author) can help you figure out what's going on.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: