Thursday, November 27, 2014

Re: Vim and disabillity accessability

On 2014-11-27 16:24, BPJ wrote:
> BTW I've found that I can't get the sticky-keys feature of GNOME
> to work, inside or outside Vim. :-(

While I don't have good answers for your other questions, in the past
I've used "xkbset" to tweak these options without GNOME. On my
Debian box, I had to install it

sudo apt-get install xkbset

and then to test it out, I issued

xkbset st -twokey -latchlock

You can remove the "-" before "twokey" if you want to be able to
press two keys together to turn off an activated modifier (so if you
press shift, then don't want to shift, you can press two keys
together); and can remove the "-" from before the "latchlock" if you
want to be able to press the modifier key twice (shift, shift) to
have it act like it's locked.

It seems like this is the best/right way to solve the problem because
it not only would address the issue in Vim (which I just tested, and
it works as expected), but in all your other applications.

-tim



--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: