Sunday, February 8, 2015

Re: Trying to tabline in GUI: not working && fontchange broken

On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 10:36:21 AM UTC+8, Jacky Liu wrote:
> On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 7:17:38 AM UTC+8, L. A. Walsh wrote:
> > I am quite confused on setting
> > the highlight rules for TabLine{,Fill,Sel}.
> >
> > I am trying to set options on X11-Linux in a
> > Suse distro. I'm using version 7.3.831 (because
> > last I tried 7.4, everything was noticeable
> > slowed down due to the new regex engine. So
> > I just stayed at 7.3 for the nonce.
> >
> > My simplest option was to try to turn
> > the the foreground tab label *BOLD*.
> >
> > First try was using gui=bold -- no difference.
> > (note these options am trying in my color file
> > where changes to other options change colors
> > in various highlighting groups).
> >
> > At the bottom I tried:
> >
> > hi TabLineSel gui=bold
> >
> > 2nd try was to choose the Bold version of the font
> > I am using:
> >
> > hi TabLineSel term=reverse cterm=reverse gui=reverse font=Ubuntu\
> > Mono\ Bold\ 14
> >
> > My normal gui font from my '.gvimrc':
> >
> > set guifont=Ubuntu\ Mono\ 14
> >
> > I selected the bold font using the gui picker and
> > displayed it using ":set guifont?".
> >
> > But I get an error about it not finding the equals sign.
> > It seems it doesn't like spaces in the font name using backslashes,
> > and neither double nor single quotes (note:single quotes are
> > recommended for specifying the highlight colors (from 'syntax.txt'):
> >
> > To use a color name with an embedded space or other special character,
> > put it in single quotes. The single quote cannot be used then.
> > Example:
> > :hi comment guifg='salmon pink'
> >
> > I also tried changing the *color*:
> >
> > hi TabLineSel term=bold cterm=bold guifg=#f020e0
> >
> > (which works for syntax highlighting, but not for the TabLineSel)
> > in the gui.
> >
> > So why am I having problems getting the tab highlighting
> > controls working in the gui?
> >
> > Thanks for any insights/helps...
> >
> > Linda
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Also tried changing color:
> >
> > hi TabLineSel term=bold cterm=bold guifg=#f020e0
>
>
>
> I believe the names that start with "tabline" -- either options or highlight groups -- will not be used at all if you're using GUI version of Vim, and thus will have no effect. The only way you can do something to the tabline under Gvim is through the 'guitab'-something options.



you can make vim use the terminal style tabline though, by doing 'set guioptions-=e', but the 'TabLine...' hi groups still have no effect, at least not on my computer. They were meant for console vim, not gvim, I believe.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: