Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Re: vimscripting problem w/tabs and expanding width w/numbering option

Ben Fritz wrote:
On Sunday, February 8, 2015 at 5:59:28 PM UTC-6, L. A. Walsh wrote:    
    It sorta looks like both tabs are being brought up at the same time and a race condition might be happening, but the fact that it   is very deterministic, leads me to believe something else is going on.      
  It can't be a race condition. Vim is single-threaded and will be processing one whole function at a time.    
----
    That's what I thought, but progress continually sneaks ahead when I'm not looking.  :-)

  
    I thought g: vars were 'global across all buffs, but this seems  to be behaving like g:added_numwth (*or*) &columns are not in-sync  between the tabs?  Is that what is happening or am I missing some  simpler explanation?      
            g: vars are global across all buffers, tabs, and windows just as you expect. 'columns' is also a global option so it will always be in sync between tabs.    I don't know of a simpler explanation for what you're seeing, but it's not due to you use of g: variables or tab pages, as far as I can tell.    
----
    Was my explanation clear?  I.e. if you add the linenumber check at the end of your
gvim -- does it work for you, or do you see similar? 

    Minor note, when I invoke the pairs of files of files, I am using the "-p" option
on the command line.  Gotta be something else I'm missing...*sigh*...


Thanks,
Linda


No comments: