Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Re: Who maintains cobol.vim?

On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 at 8:33:40 AM UTC+13, wexfordpress wrote:
> Believe it or not it was the omission of the word
> IF from the list of reserved words.

From a distant memory, there is a reason for that. I'm sorry, your first post did not trigger the memory, but I've just diffed my cobol.vim from the standard one, and that unlocked things.

Your issue has been reported before:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/vim_use/HGGIOkd_XcA

In hindsight, when that I posted to that thread I should have attempted to contact the syntax file's maintainer. (I suppose I assumed that he would have seen the thread.) I wasn't confident that my proposal was the best one, and I've never used vim with cobol, and only rarely ever saw legacy cobol let alone worked with it, though I did do lots of cobol-85 in free format.

My fix to the issue was to add cobolBadLine to the list of contained groups in the definition of cobolCondFlow:

syn region cobolCondFlow contains=ALLBUT,cobolLine,cobolBadLine start="\<\(IF\|INVALID\|END\|EOP\)\>" skip=/\('\|"\)[^"]\{-}\("\|'\|$\)/ end="\." keepend

I shall attempt to contact the maintainer. Again, sorry I didn't sort this out three years ago.

Regards, John Little

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: