Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Looking for step by step plugin setup installation instructions for Vundle

Hello:

I a new to vim.
I have a first tty at installing a plugin and posted y problem here:
google/vim-colorscheme-primary#5 (comment)

But here is the complete excerpts:
(Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon, 64 bits.)

I am new to Vim. In fact, just completed Vimtutor today.
I am trying to add colorscheme.
I HAVE NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM YOUR PAGE YET.

I did this in in FILE, /etc/vim/vimrc :
"====== Begin: MyPlugins =================
Plugin 'google/vim-colorscheme-primary'
"======== End: MyPlugins ==========

The above file includes pasted code from Vundle, https://github.com/gmarik/Vundle.vim#quick-start

and also added this:
set t_Co=256
syntax on
set background=dark
colorscheme primary

When I ran vim like so, I got this error:

sudo vim /etc/vim/vimrc
Error detected while processing /usr/share/vim/vimrc:
line 56:
E185: Cannot find color scheme 'primary'
Press ENTER or type command to continue
================= =======================
Questions:
What did I missed?
Do I have to execute this first:
git clone https://github.com/google/vim-colorscheme-primary.vim.git ~/.vim/plugin/

OR does Vundle do it automatically install your plugin when I ran vim?
Thanks.

======== End of excerpts==========

Is there a step by step plugin installation instructions when using Vundle plugin manager?

In fact, I am missing something here, particularly understanding how installed plugins are tied to Vim and how it can be triggered (called) when using Vim.

Any manual I can read up on?
Thanks.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: