Saturday, May 23, 2015

Re: vim with Windows developments under linux and git

Le 24/05/2015 03:25, John Little a écrit :
> On Saturday, May 23, 2015 at 3:08:01 AM UTC+12, pcouderc12 wrote:
>
>> Is there somewhere an howto for "good practices", particularly to set
>> vimrc ?
> People's preferences vary widely, particularly with these DOS/unix compatiblity issues, so I doubt you'll find a widely accepted "good practices" guide.
Yes, but I did hope...
>
> I would suggest, though, including the 'fileformat' setting in your status line,
> and setting 'laststatus' to 2 so that a status line always appears. This way you see what vim thinks the file is.
>
> Usually for my stuff I want unix endings, even when on Windows, so I suppress the fileformat if it's unix, but use a different colour if it's dos, so my statusline setting includes
> %1*%{&ff=~'u'?'':&ff}%*
>
> Regards, John Little
Thank you, I shall do that : at least to well understand in what case we
are.
>

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: