Monday, October 19, 2015

How to make spellfile words case-sensitive

I have a file en.utf-8.add in my working directory, which contains the file being edited. The file contains many labels in lower case and mixed case. I want vim to only recognize the words in the same case as in the file en.utf-8.add. I find that if I simply enter a lower case word into en.utf-8.add, it is recognized as good in file I'm editing even if it is in upper case. Even though I want the upper case word to be recognized as misspelled.

For context, the use case is a LaTeX file using the "acro" acronym management package. The lower case words are labels of acronyms. When a matching word with all caps exists in the LaTeX file, it means that I typed in the acroynm instead of using the label (they are often the same, except for case). That's bad because it circumvents acro's bookeeping and acronym management. That's why I want words that don't match the case in en.utf-8.add to be recognized as errors.

Is case-sensitive spellfile words possible in vim?

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: