Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Re: Add entry to ex history (broken recently)

Hi rolf.asmund!

On Mi, 28 Okt 2015, rolf.asmund@greenwavereality.com wrote:

> I have the following function in my .vimrc
>
> function! AddToExHistory(cmd)
> execute "normal! q:i" . a:cmd
> endfunction
>
> I adds the command 'cmd' to my ex history (command history) without executing it.
> One way to use it, is the following:
>
> map gls :call AddToExHistory('!ls')<CR>
>
> If I now type 'gls', and then 'q:' I can see ':!ls' as the most recent entry in my ex history.
>
> After I updated my Gentoo installation this has stopped working. (Typing 'gls' has no apparent effect)
>
> My questions:
>
> - Does this work on _your_ computer?
> - Do you know of any other way to add a command to the ex history?
> - Is this a bug in VIM?
> - Could this be caused by a recent VIM patch? Where do I find these patches?
>
> I'm running this version:
> VIM - Vi IMproved 7.4 (2013 Aug 10, compiled Oct 22 2015 15:02:48)
> Included patches: 1-769
> Modified by Gentoo-7.4.769

Use histadd() function. BTW: on what version did this work for you?


Best,
Christian
--
Letzte Worte eines Zoowärters:
"Der Löwe ist nicht hungrig."

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: