Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Re: Problem using vim in csh on linux

On 21.10.15 05:20, Lowell Specht wrote:
> How do I establish my terminal session?
> terminal is Windows client app hummingbird exceed common desktop
> environment to logon to a HP unix server. From there, I ssh -Y to the
> linux server.

I have memories of using the same application for the same purpose, two
decades ago, when on the first day at a new job, I was shocked to find a
M$ box on my desk. That was circumvented by lunchtime. Vi/Vim worked fine,
with no xterm scrolling issues.

What happens if you leave the linux environment and "ssh -Y" out of the
equation, and just edit a file in the xterm on the HP server?

...

> What is the output from :set termcap?
> I am not familiar with this command. I tried it in both shells and
> got :set not found. So I tried it without the colon and got no error
> and no output. Just a return to the prompt.

That looks a lot like a Vim query of the current setting of "termcap".

Erik

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: