Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Re: Switching syntax highlighting



On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 7:52 PM, sycc <sycc90@mail.com> wrote:
Hello all!
I'm trying to write a function for switching between the current buffer syntax highlighting and whitespace, but I'm really new to vim scripting and such and am having a hard time.
I switch to whitespace syntax highlighting and back quite frequently. However, it's not as simple as switching back to the buffer's filetype syntax because there are times when I've changed it to something else. For instance, data in .txt files that I visualize with different syntax highlighting formats depending on the situation.

What I've tried is creating a buffer variable on buffer creation and then updating it, this is what I have so far:

au BufEnter * let b:current_syntax=&syntax
fu! SwitchHLwhitespace()
    if &syntax == "whitespace"
        let &syntax=b:current_syntax
    else
        let tmp=&syntax
        set syntax=whitespace
        let b:current_syntax=tmp
    endif
endfunction



Didn't quite follow what you are tying to do with whitespace.

I know at times you want to see "invisible" stuff, like tabs, whitespace, special codes and so on.

I use this plugin:

cream-showinvisibles : Toggle view of invisible tabs, returns, trailing spaces 


Anytime I want to see that stuff, I just hit F4 (that is the default mapping for the plugin).

HTH,
David
 

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: