Monday, October 19, 2015

Re: "fictious" not recognized as spelling error

On Monday, October 19, 2015 at 2:19:12 PM UTC-4, Random832 wrote:
>Tim Chase <vim_AT_tim.thechases.com> writes:
>> On 2015-10-19 09:52, Paul wrote:
>>> For a reason that I haven't been able to suss out, "fictious" not
>>> recognized as spelling error.
>>
>> Not sure what OS you're on or what system dictionary you're using,
>> but that word/spelling is present in my
>>
>> /usr/share/dict/american-english-insane
>>
>> which may be your system dictionary (at least on Debian, each
>> dictionary is dropped in with a reasonable name, then
>> /usr/share/dict/words is a symlink to the administrator's chosen
>> dictionary).
>
> Vim's normal behavior is that you can press zw to add an entry to
> your personal dictionary which will appear in the file as e.g.
> "fictious/!" to mean that it is a bad word no matter what the global
> dictionary says.

I don't have the above named directory. My gvim is the one from
cygwin:

VIM - Vi IMproved 7.4 (2013 Aug 10, compiled May 20 2015 22:20:54)
Included patches: 1-729
Compiled by <cygwin-xfree_AT_cygwin.com>
Huge version with GTK2 GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
+acl -ebcdic +localmap +printer +title
+arabic +emacs_tags +lua/dyn +profile +toolbar
+autocmd +eval +menu +python/dyn +user_commands
+balloon_eval +ex_extra +mksession +python3/dyn +vertsplit
+browse +extra_search +modify_fname +quickfix +virtualedit
++builtin_terms +farsi +mouse +reltime +visual
+byte_offset +file_in_path +mouseshape +rightleft +visualextra
+cindent +find_in_path +mouse_dec +ruby/dyn +viminfo
+clientserver +float -mouse_gpm +scrollbind +vreplace
+clipboard +folding -mouse_jsbterm +signs +wildignore
+cmdline_compl -footer +mouse_netterm +smartindent +wildmenu
+cmdline_hist +fork() +mouse_sgr -sniff +windows
+cmdline_info +gettext -mouse_sysmouse +startuptime +writebackup
+comments -hangul_input +mouse_urxvt +statusline +X11
+conceal +iconv +mouse_xterm -sun_workshop -xfontset
+cryptv +insert_expand +multi_byte +syntax +xim
+cscope +jumplist +multi_lang +tag_binary +xsmp_interact
+cursorbind +keymap -mzscheme +tag_old_static +xterm_clipboard
+cursorshape +langmap +netbeans_intg -tag_any_white -xterm_save
+dialog_con_gui +libcall +path_extra -tcl +xpm
+diff +linebreak +perl/dyn +terminfo
+digraphs +lispindent +persistent_undo +termresponse
+dnd +listcmds +postscript +textobjects
system vimrc file: "$VIM/vimrc"
user vimrc file: "$HOME/.vimrc"
2nd user vimrc file: "~/.vim/vimrc"
user exrc file: "$HOME/.exrc"
system gvimrc file: "$VIM/gvimrc"
user gvimrc file: "$HOME/.gvimrc"
2nd user gvimrc file: "~/.vim/gvimrc"
system menu file: "$VIMRUNTIME/menu.vim"
fall-back for $VIM: "/etc"
f-b for $VIMRUNTIME: "/usr/share/vim/vim74"
Compilation: gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_GTK -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gio-unix-2.0/ -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/libpng16 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/harfbuzz -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng16 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng16 -ggdb -O2 -pipe -Wimplicit-function-declaration -fdebug-prefix-map=/usr/src/ports/vim/vim-7.4.729-2.x86_64/build=/usr/src/debug/vim-7.4.729-2 -fdebug-prefix-map=/usr/src/ports/vim/vim-7.4.729-2.x86_64/src/vim74=/usr/src/debug/vim-7.4.729-2 -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=1
Linking: gcc -L. -fstack-protector -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,--as-needed -o vim.exe -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lgio-2.0 -lXinerama -lXi -lXrandr -lXcursor -lXcomposite -latk-1.0 -lcairo -lz -lGL -lpixman-1 -lEGL -lm -lpthread -lGL -lm -lpthread -lXdamage -lXfixes -lX11-xcb -lxcb-glx -lxcb-shm -lxcb-render -lXrender -lXext -lX11 -lxcb -lXau -lXdmcp -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm -lpng16 -lm -lz -lgio-2.0 -lz -lpangoft2-1.0 -lharfbuzz -lpango-1.0 -lm -lgmodule-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lffi -lglib-2.0 -lintl -lpcre -lintl -liconv -lpcre -lfontconfig -lexpat -lfreetype -lbz2 -lz -lpng16 -lm -lz -lexpat -lfreetype -lbz2 -lz -lpng16 -lm -lz -lSM -lICE -lXpm -lXt -lX11 -lXdmcp -lSM -lICE -lm -lelf -lncursesw -liconv -lintl -Wl,--enable-auto-import -Wl,--export-all-symbols -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base -fstack-protector -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib/perl5/5.14/x86_64-cygwin-threads/CORE -lperl -ldl -lcrypt

I used cygwin's bash to find something like a dict directory, but the
only ones that turn up are LaTeX related:

find / \( -path /c -o -path /cygdrive -prune \) -o -name dict \
2>&1 | tee ~/tmp/find.out

/cygdrive
/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/glossaries/dict
/c

I'm not sure how the files in that directory are used, but I strongly
suspect that it isn't used by vim.

As for "zw" creating an entry in the spellfile designated as a wrong
word....it doesn't show up as wrong even after "mkspell!
en.utf-8.add". And as I said, I confirmed that changes to
en.utf-8.add take effect by adding words to it and seeing them being
no longer flagged as wrong in the main LaTeX file being edited.

A mystery....

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: