Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Re: changing what counts as a paragraph

Hi Tony,
( I don't know where to write "hi Tony" when bottom-post, jsut do it as before)
On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@gmail.com> wrote:
("sic" because
I would have asked "why people hate bottom posting" or maybe "why people
hate to bottom-post": "people" is a plural except when "a people" is
used as an approximate synonym of "a nation".)
 
Sorry for my english, -_-!. And I like your bottom-post indeed.
I posted the "Why" mail for I saw too much top-post mailling lists, almost all except this one.
The "people" I meant are not all newbies, but they may be not old Usenet hands.
 
The reason most newbies use top-posting is, I believe, that the
braindead software they use makes top-posting easier. I'm not saying
that it _enforces_ top-posting, and, indeed, in most cases, when
composing a reply you can move your edit cursor to below the part to
which you want to reply, after removing irrelevant quoted text.
Many mailing-lists attach a long content of some info, usually the first one
of the subject. And some mail service providers also attach ads at the end the mail.
So others need to search for where is my post in the middle the mail, if I bottom post my reply.
Certainly, I should edit quoted part rather than directly bottom-post, but I don't want to edit
other's post.
 
When I received a mail with 10 top posted replies, I think, I should do as what they do.
IMHO, top or bottom, are just a convention, of someone or a list, and there are not two much
loftiness and sin. But I'll bottom-post here, and need to learn some confusing things about bottom posting.
 
 
One possible exception has been said to be some "Internet phone" servers
where the quoted text is added in front of the message by the server
_after_ you send the reply, where the quoted text is not included. If
such servers exist, IMO they are worse than braindead.
Yeah, when I wrote previous reply on my phone, I could seen none of original post. Any this one was written on desktop computer.
 
B.R.
Wayne

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: