Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Re: T{char}

>> In my VIM installation the f, F and t works fine. But the T motion doesn't.
>> I already searched for some plugin or ftplugin that possibly changed this
>> mapping. The ':map T' command shows nothing (more precisely "No mapping
>> found"). My question is, what is happening that this motion command is not
>> working? I normally use f, F and t a lot. T would be a blessing.
>>
>
> Hmm, very strange.
>
> What version of Vim are your running? What OS?
>
> Does T work when your launch vim as
>
> vim -N -u NONE

I suspect it will work fine with "-N -u NONE". I know that
":map" shows some mappings while ":map!" shows other mappings.
Perhaps check the output of ":map!" too to see if there's
something eating your T behavior.

Once you find which mapping is eating your T, you can use
something like

:verbose map! T
or
:verbose map T

to see where the weirdness originated.

Yes, I use f/F/t/T more times than I can count, almost never
using h/l to move left/right because I either use w/b/e to move
words at a time, or I use f/F/t/T to jump to the target character
I want.

-tim


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: