Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Re: expand variable to command line

Yes, that's what I needed. Thanks again!

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Tim Chase wrote:

> Thank you guys, but that doesn't expand the variable. This solution uses
> Netrw and works only if my variable was a path. The point is not to execute
> the command so I can continue typing it after the variable was expanded, do
> some changes to the string which was expanded etc.

then try a variant of one of my suggestions (it removes one level
of "<cr>" from my previous post):

  :nnoremap <f12> :e <c-r>=$VIM<cr>

all typed literally ("<" and ">" and "-" characters as shown)

-tim



--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: