Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Re: Save through to remote server

2009/8/31 Ernest Obusek <ernest@willowfalls.net>:
> I'm trying to switch back to vim after years with jEdit, but I need to get a
> set of things working before I can use vim productively.  One thing I need
> is to make it so that when I save a file, it scp's it to a remote server.  I
> imagine a script could do this, but I have no idea how to hook that in to
> the save command.  How can this be done?

If you do not need a Windows solution, mount the remote filesystem
with sshfs or curlftpfs. You can then edit the files in whichever
editor you like and all changes will be propagated back to the remote
server.

--
Tomas

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: