Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Re: Use terminal colors in GUI Vim?

Matt Wozniski wrote:

> Well, you can probably tell that I was bored today... but here's a
> port of the 16-color-terminal default colorscheme to gvim. Just
> change the block of colors (the "let" lines..) to match your
> terminal's colors (they're colors 0 through 15, in order, fwiw).
> Hopefully gmail doesn't wrap this on me... In fact, just in case it
> does, I've attached it as well - so there will be a plain text,
> archivable copy in the list archives and a not-horribly-wrapped copy
> in subscriber's inboxes. Sorry I can't disable wrapping ATM. :)

[..]

Thanks for the feedback.

Do not deride such efforts - and yours in particular. Stuff like that is
quite valuable in terms of introducing low-level vim users like myself
to vim scripting / customization.

An obvious limitation is that nobody is going to want to type in their
rrggbb's - even 16 of them.. And some folks have 256 colors terminals.

I plan to take a closer look at your port, tomorrow I hope.

:-)

Gen-Paul.


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: