Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Re: FIXME syntax highlighting.

Stroller <stroller@stellar.eclipse.co.uk> [10-01-26 17:15]:
> Hi there,
>
> I joined this group because I've been trying to use vim more seriously
> for about a month or so now, but every problem I have encountered to
> date I have been able to resolve with Google. Today, Google has let me
> down.
>
> After searching for something, I typically type "/frhfurhfuhru" in
> order to clear the search string, because I find the bright yellow
> highlighting distracting.
>
> Today I added a "FIXME" comment to some code and found it highlighted
> the same bright yellow. "/irurhgfr" does not clear the highlighting,
> and have discovered the /usr/share/vim/vim72/syntax/ directory as the
> culprit.
>
> The documentation [1] shows that "syn clear perlTodo" will clear this
> highlighting for the current programming language, and presumably I can
> put it in my .vimrc and never be bothered again when writing Perl.
>
> Is it possible to clear the syntax highlighting for ALL *Todo types,
> without having to list "javaTodo", "pamconfTodo", "groovyTodo", ...
> individually?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Stroller.
>
>
> [1] http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/usr_44.html
>
> --
> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
>

Hi,

...just as an addition not as solution: To switch off the
highlightning after a search use

:nohlsearch

I put this on F5 with

map <f5> :nohlsearch<CR>

in my .vimrc. You can find out more about nohlsearch with

:h nohlsearch

To remove highlightning of Todos: Often perTodo,cTodo and so
on map to a more fundamental highlightning group...in this
case the group is named

Todo

Try to reset the highlightning of this group to the background color.

You can find out more about this topic by using

:h highlight


HTH

Keep vimming!
mcc


--
Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: