Monday, January 25, 2010

Re: How to exclude scan of included files when pressing ctrl+p

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Tim Chase <vim@tim.thechases.com> wrote:
I know about the ctrl+x+? combination. So I can complete from only
dictionary or only include files etc. However, I want to complete from
all sources minus the include files (which take forever and not
required when I'm not coding). Can someone please suggest how to get
it done?


You don't detail which ^X option you're using.  However, Vim does offer the 'complete' option that allows you to specify which sources are (or are not) scanned for certain completions:

 :help 'complete'

-tim


I was referring to ctrl+p. The ^X options specify the completion sources explicitly.
h 'complete' has everything I need :)

FYI, I customized my .vimrc as follows 
if has("win32unix")
set complete=.,w,b,u,k
elseif  has("win32")
set complete=.,w,b,u,k
else "Unix, where my source code is
set complete=.,w,b,u,k,i,]
endif

10x
Yosi

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: