Monday, January 25, 2010

Re: visual_studio.vim

On Jan 15, 9:31 pm, Max <max.dyckh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have decided I want to try and do more from within vim, including
> building our Visual Studio solutions at work. I've managed to get the
> excellentvisual_studio.vimplugin working, but I am disappointed that
> the various build/compile commands block vim, which is a huge blow to
> productivity. If I can't write code while I am compiling, I will lose
> hours of work time a day.
>
> I understand why the block happens; the command will load the output
> window once we have built the solution. However, I would be quite
> happy with hitting a key to load/refresh the quickfix window with the
> current list of errors or output.

There's a command for this in visual_studio.vim:

:DTEOutput

You've gotten some suggestions on how to start the build in the
background. I'd just keep a Visual Studio running with the project,
connect to that DTE instance, start the build from Visual Studio, and
then just use :DTEOutput when the build is finished.

Regards,
Henrik

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: