Saturday, February 26, 2011

Re: Abridged summary of vim_use@googlegroups.com - 30 Messages in 12 Topics

Hi, ALL!

How can I change my vim's fonts(CLI)?

Best regards,

Tony

On Sat, 2011-02-26 at 06:06 +0000, vim_use+noreply@googlegroups.com
wrote:
> Today's Topic Summary
> Group: http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/topics
>
> * Remember marks but Not Jumps? [1 Update]
> * inputdialog default string [1 Update]
> * Is it possible to automatically identify the current line with
> [I? [4 Updates]
> * Opening a line with vimscript - autoindent ignored [2 Updates]
> * bidi in vim [1 Update]
> * bp and CTRL-^ [3 Updates]
> * Multiple Substitutes for 'includeexpr' [1 Update]
> * Question about omnicppcomplete [1 Update]
> * Create mapping with '-c' command-line option [2 Updates]
> * Why doesn't the cursor go beyond the last character in Vim
> when in command mode? [3 Updates]
> * Trailing white space in multi line comments (ft=php) [3
> Updates]
> * Any dict plugin to translate English to Japanese? [8 Updates]
> Topic: Remember marks but Not Jumps?
> howard Schwartz <howardb21@gmail.com> Feb 25 08:37PM -0800 ^
>
> I just know many will think Im wrong, but I never had much use
> of the
> jumplist. Any way to tell vim to remember marks between
> sessions but not
> jumps? Jumps occupy a lot of lines of info. more...
>
> Topic: inputdialog default string
> "Michael(Xi Zhang)" <michaelxmail@gmail.com> Feb 25 09:35PM
> -0700 ^
>
> Hi,
>
> I use inputdialog in the following way:
>
> let findstring = inputdialog('Search string under source\ and
> include\
> ',expand('<cword>'))
> execute 'vimgrep ' '/'.findstring.'/' '..\include\*.h more...
>
> Topic: Is it possible to automatically identify the current line with
> [I?
> Shawn Young <spacephys@gmail.com> Feb 25 09:05AM -0700 ^
>
> Hello,
>
> I apologize if this has already been answered but a search
> using "[I"
> in the archive had zero hits, and a google search just sent me
> to vim
> oriented web pages; I'm not sure if there is a more...
>
> "Michael(Xi Zhang)" <michaelxmail@gmail.com> Feb 25 12:44PM
> -0700 ^
>
>
> > --
> > Shawn Young
> > <http://www.vim.org/maillist.php>
>
>
> You can try :vimgrep /<C-R><C-W>/j %<cr>
> The command will search the word under the cursor in current
> file(% -
> current file). more...
>
> Shawn Young <spacephys@gmail.com> Feb 25 04:53PM -0700 ^
>
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Michael(Xi Zhang)
>
> > Then you need use :cw<cr> to open the quickfix window.
>
> > Or you can combine the two command
> together: :vimgrep /<C-R><C-W>/j %<cr> more...
>
> "Michael(Xi Zhang)" <michaelxmail@gmail.com> Feb 25 08:39PM
> -0700 ^
>
> > > :help vimgrep
>
> > > Michael
>
> > Yes, this method doesn't mark the current line in the search
> result.
> Anyway, you can see your current line in the window, and all
> the results in more...
>
> Topic: Opening a line with vimscript - autoindent ignored
> Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com> Feb 25 07:42AM -0900 ^
>
> using vim 7.2 huge on mint 10.0
> I have a vimscript to handle code expansion from keywords.
> Here is the relevant snippet
> """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
> elseif wrd == "lv0" more...
>
> Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com> Feb 25 01:19PM -0900 ^
>
> > I to hit <Esc> at the end of the first line and then
> > o
> > The alignment would be retained.
> I think to answer my own question, I have been 'overthinking'
> the
> problem.
> elseif wrd == "lv0" more...
>
> Topic: bidi in vim
> Ben Schmidt <mail_ben_schmidt@yahoo.com.au> Feb 26 09:08AM
> +1100 ^
>
> Hi, Moshe,
>
> I've rearranged things a bit to suit my reply.
>
> > Of course I also would prefer to have full bidi support, but
> I can also
> > see that this would require some serious changes and more...
>
> Topic: bp and CTRL-^
> sc <toothpik@swbell.net> Feb 25 02:12PM -0600 ^
>
> all--
>
> the help for CTRL-^ says it is the same as e #, but it is
> clearly different when the alternate buffer is a Scratch
> buffer -- if you try to use e # (or bp) you get the error
> more...
>
> Ben Schmidt <mail_ben_schmidt@yahoo.com.au> Feb 26 08:42AM
> +1100 ^
>
> > command! BD exe "normal<c-^><c-^> | bd #"
>
> You only want to type control-^ once, don't you?
>
> Also, to use <> notation in a string, you need a \.
>
> Also, it's only the normal command you want more...
>
> sc <toothpik@swbell.net> Feb 25 04:02PM -0600 ^
>
> On Friday 25 February 2011 15:42:26 you wrote:
>
> > it from its argument.
>
> > So try
>
> > command! BD exe "normal \<c-^>" | bd #
>
> that's what i was shooting for -- thanx ben -- it works
> more...
>
> Topic: Multiple Substitutes for 'includeexpr'
> Charles E Campbell Jr <drchip@campbellfamily.biz> Feb 25
> 02:03PM -0500 ^
>
> ZyX wrote:
>
> > What do you mean by adding second substitute?
> > set includeexpr=substitute(...)\|substitute(...)
> > ? This won't work ...[snip]
>
> I think what AK meant was using a substitute as more...
>
> Topic: Question about omnicppcomplete
> jason <beyond291@gmail.com> Feb 26 12:37AM +0800 ^
>
> I use Vim and omnicppcomplete script for C programming for a
> long time.
> There are powerful.
> These day I got some code from product vender.
> There are some struct defines with the same name. more...
>
> Topic: Create mapping with '-c' command-line option
> Jean-Rene David <jrdavid@magma.ca> Feb 25 10:52AM -0500 ^
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm writing a little shell function that opens vim with two
> files in a
> split window. I'm trying to define the following mapping:
>
> map ZZ :qa<cr>
>
> when invoking vim, like so:
> more...
>
> ZyX <zyx.vim@gmail.com> Feb 25 07:59PM +0300 ^
>
> Reply to message «Create mapping with '-c' command-line
> option»,
> sent 18:52:13 25 February 2011, Friday
> by Jean-Rene David:
>
> You should be sure that 'compatible' is not set and `<' flag
> is not more...
>
> Topic: Why doesn't the cursor go beyond the last character in Vim
> when in command mode?
> "John Beckett" <johnb.beckett@gmail.com> Feb 25 05:35PM +1100
> ^
>
> Gerardo Marset wrote:
> > character when in command mode?
> > I find it kind of wierd, and because of that I have to use
> > either a or A to append something to a line (instead of i).
>
> There is also: more...
>
> Erik Christiansen <dvalin@internode.on.net> Feb 25 05:51PM
> +1100 ^
>
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 09:06:48PM -0200, Gerardo Marset
> wrote:
> > I find it kind of wierd, and because of that I have to use
> either a or A
> > to append something to a line (instead of i).
> more...
>
> Gerardo Marset <gammer1994@gmail.com> Feb 25 12:24PM -0200 ^
>
> On 24/02/11 22:52, Ben Schmidt wrote:
>
> > See
>
> > :help 'virtualedit'
>
> > Ben.
>
> Nice.
> Yes, I have a vimrc and I know how it works.
>
> Well, after reading the replies and the help entry for more...
>
> Topic: Trailing white space in multi line comments (ft=php)
> Marco <netuse@lavabit.com> Feb 25 01:53PM +0100 ^
>
> Hi,
>
> when I edit source code in C (set ft=c) I can input multi line
> comments
> without problems, when I edit PHP files (set ft=php) a
> trailing white space is
> introduced.
>
> To reproduce, my more...
>
> Ben Schmidt <mail_ben_schmidt@yahoo.com.au> Feb 26 12:27AM
> +1100 ^
>
> On 25/02/11 11:53 PM, Marco wrote:
> > */
>
> > Here after consectetur and after tempor there's the space.
> Why? How can I get
> > rid of this?
>
> Check the setting of 'formatoptions'
>
> :help 'fo' more...
>
> Marco <netuse@lavabit.com> Feb 25 02:56PM +0100 ^
>
>
> > > Here after consectetur and after tempor there's the space.
> Why? How can I
> > > get rid of this?
>
> > Check the setting of 'formatoptions'
>
> Thanks. That was a push to the right direction.
> more...
>
> Topic: Any dict plugin to translate English to Japanese?
> robert song <robertsong.japan@gmail.com> Feb 25 05:05PM +0900
> ^
>
> Hi, tyru,
>
> > send pull request to ref.vim's author)
>
> > Please tell me your Vim's version and OS.
> > and check if you installed program required for ref-alc
> source.
>
> yes, I install w3m. more...
>
> robert song <robertsong.japan@gmail.com> Feb 25 05:14PM +0900
> ^
>
> > - but for example, in perldoc buffer, it looks up a perl
> module.
> > - for me, thinca who is the author of ref.vim is my friend
> so I
> > quickly can send a bug report/patch/feature request! :p
> more...
>
> robert song <robertsong.japan@gmail.com> Feb 25 05:14PM +0900
> ^
>
> more...
>
> robert song <robertsong.japan@gmail.com> Feb 25 05:28PM +0900
> ^
>
> A very simple function to dump the selected word from dic
> yahoo and show the
> result.
>
>
> Add the following part to .vimrc file.
>
> function Dict(cmd)
> execute "new"
> execute "r!w3m -dump more...
>
> tyru <tyru.exe@gmail.com> Feb 25 07:02PM +0900 ^
>
> > I use CentOS 5.5 and vim version is
> > vim-enhanced-7.0.109-6.el5
> hmm.. I don't have vim older than 7.2 so I can't test that.
> I recommend to upgrade your vim.
>
> more...
>
> "Christian Brabandt" <cblists@256bit.org> Feb 25 11:04AM +0100
> ^
>
> On Fri, February 25, 2011 9:05 am, robert song wrote:
> > let g:ref_alc_cmd='w3m -dump %s'
>
> > I use CentOS 5.5 and vim version is
> > vim-enhanced-7.0.109-6.el5
>
> Before reporting a bug, please try more...
>
> tyru <tyru.exe@gmail.com> Feb 25 07:07PM +0900 ^
>
> > word will be translated and displayed on the dict window,
> that is why I
> > want to use a local dictionary file, I think this way seems
> to more
> > convenient.
> looks interesting. I will let thinca more...
>
> robert song <robertsong.japan@gmail.com> Feb 25 07:49PM +0900
> ^
>
> >> vim-enhanced-7.0.109-6.el5
> > hmm.. I don't have vim older than 7.2 so I can't test that.
> > I recommend to upgrade your vim.
>
> Hi, tyru,
> yeah, you are correct,
> after upgrading to the latest more...
>
>
> --
> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php


--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: