Thursday, February 24, 2011

Re: Why doesn't the cursor go beyond the last character in Vim when in command mode?

On 25/02/11 10:06 AM, Gerardo Marset wrote:
> I'm quite new at Vim and I love it already, but this question just won't let me
> sleep.
> Why is it that the cursor doesn't go beyond the last character when in command mode?
> I find it kind of wierd, and because of that I have to use either a or A to append
> something to a line (instead of i).

Put this in your vimrc (I hope you have one and know a little about how it works!):

:set virtualedit=onemore

See

:help 'virtualedit'

Ben.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: