Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Re: Black Icons on Windows XP Remote Connection Desktop

On Aug 30, 6:22 am, Tim Chase <v...@tim.thechases.com> wrote:
> On 08/30/11 01:09, niva wrote:
>
> > I am using Gvim 7.3 through a remote connection desktop.
> > All toolbar's icons are black.
>
> > I don't think it comes from Vim but from windows or graphical drivers
> > but have you got some idea ?
>
> While I haven't experienced this with Vim, I've had similar
> issues with applications written in Python that make use of
> Tkinter where, if I launch them (either locally or via RDP) and
> then (re)connect via RDP, various containers appear blanked out
> (whether black or default-background/button color).
>
> I don't have a good answer for WHY, but perhaps the additional
> information can help you track down where/when/why.
>

You can check the RDP settings, at my workplace by default it is set
up to use 16-bit color. I had to change to at least 24-bit for my
colorscheme and some other things to work properly.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: