Sunday, August 28, 2011

Re: Disappearing status bar?!

meino.cramer@gmx.de <meino.cramer@gmx.de> [11-08-28 16:48]:
> Hi,
>
> I changed my system (a recent Gentoo Linux) to use utf-8 system wide.
>
> After that (as before) using mrxvt (which does not really supports
> utf-8/multibyte/unicode encodings) and starting vim gives me a nice
> status bar.
> When using urxvt (rxvt-unicode), which fully supports unicode, and
> starting vim there, there is no status bar in the sense of its color
> represenation (the characters are still there). Both terminals have
> $TERM=xterm-256color set.
>
> At this point I scratch my head a little bit confused.
>
> Why does unicode removes the color from my status bar?
> Or in other words: I want my zenburn back!
>
> What went wrong here ?
>
> Best regards and thank you very much in advance for any help!
> mcc
>
> --
> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
>

Hi,

sorry, the problem solved itsself: The support for 256 colors was
not compiled in rxvt-unicode...
Now fixed...

Sorry for the wrong alert.. ;)

Best regards,
mcc

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: