Saturday, August 27, 2011

Re: Copy and paste problem

Thank you, Gary!

Using ^= instead of += is really nice tip, though my vim doesn't have any unnamedplus option for clipboard command(

2011/8/27 Gary Johnson <garyjohn@spocom.com>
On 2011-08-27, ?????? ??????? wrote:
> Hello, dear Vim society!
>
> I always want my vim more freely communicate with another applications on my
> computer. So after googling a bit and digging in vim help I found the next
> fancy option:
>
> set clipboard+=unnamed
>
> on Windows it does exactly what I wish, but on Linux it works works only by
> half...
>
> Then I copy or paste some text somewhere (not in vim) it by default stored in
> two vim select registers: "+ and "*. With above option enabled I can easily
> paste it then from "* into any of my vim buffers with p/P commands without
> specifying register. Thats really handful. But when I copy (yank) text in vim
> itself, the text now saved in "" and "* but not in "+ ! And when I try to paste
> text in another program the "+ register content (if any) is inserted and that
> is not what I want at all. So I either need to press mouse middle button to
> insert desired text from "*, or use context menu or menu bar in vim (to cruel)
> or explicitly choose register typing "+y.
>
> May be I missed something? Is it possible to to achieve the effect of above
> option but with "+ register instead?

I have

   set clipboard^=unnamed

and for me it "just works", but my habits and expectations may be
different from yours.  You might try this instead:

   set clipboard^=unnamedplus

which will use the + register instead of the * register.

Note that I use ^= rather than +=.  That is because the default
setting for 'clipboard' includes the 'exclude' flag and the
'exclude' flag must be the last flag in the 'clipboard' option.
Using ^= inserts the 'unnamed' or 'unnamedplus' flag at the
beginning of the 'clipboard' option.

See

   :help 'clipboard'
   :help :set^=

HTH,
Gary

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php



--
Best regards
Golubev Mikhail

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: