Monday, August 29, 2011

Re: Insert-cursor/Overwrite cursor

On Tue, August 30, 2011 5:12 am, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry, I cannot remember how this feature was called...so it is
> difficult to search the help for ot ;)
>
> I can remember that there was a certain terminal sequence (was it
> that?) which has to set...where?...to enable the support of different
> cursor shapes (a | for insert mode and a normal block cursor for
> overwrite ... or vice versa) in different modes of vim.
>
> What was this exactly and where can I find the description of it?
>
> Thank you very much in advance for updateing my brain ! ;))

I have never used it, so I can only give you the reference in the help.
For console see
:h termcap-cursor-shape
and for gvim see
:h 'guicursor'

regards,
Christian

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: