Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Re: Very strange problem about messages in 64bit vim

I tried to use TDM-gcc 4.5.2 64bit, but there are so many errors while
compiling that I am not able to fix, there seems to be some thing
wrong, I don't whether I configured it correctly, but with TDM-gcc
4.5.2 32bit, it just compiled correctly.

On Aug 31, 1:21 pm, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 31/08/11 01:44, zhufeng wrote:
>
>
>
> > hey guys, there is a problem about messages in 64bit vim.
>
> > I tried to compile a 64bit vim with MS VC2010 64bit compiler, and I
> > modified the file "bigvim.bat" to do this, the file is about this :
>
> > :: command to build big Vim with OLE, Perl, Python, Ruby and Tcl
> > nmake -f Make_mvc.mak FEATURES=HUGE GUI=yes OLE=yes IME=yes GIME=yes
> > CSCOPE=yes SNIFF=yes POSTSCRIPT=yes PERL=C:\1\perl DYNAMIC_PERL=yes
> > PERL_VER=512 PYTHON=C:\1\python27 DYNAMIC_PYTHON=yes PYTHON_VER=27
> > PYTHON3=C:\1\python32 DYNAMIC_PYTHON3=yes PYTHON3_VER=32 RUBY=C:
> > \1\ruby191 DYNAMIC_RUBY=yes RUBY_VER=191 RUBY_VER_LONG=1.9.1 LUA=C:
> > \1\lua DYNAMIC_LUA=yes USERNAME=zhufeng USERDOMAIN=zhufeng-
> > pc.jsu.edu.cn
>
> > But when finished compiling, I found that all messages in vim are
> > English (Mother tongue is Chinese), and the menus are Chinese, this
> > puzzled me a lot.
>
> > In order to figure out this, I tried some other ways.
>
> > First, I tried to compile vim with MS VC2010 32bit compiler,
> > everything is all right, messages are all Chinese.
>
> > Second, I tried to compile vim in RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.0 64bit
> > with gcc 64bit, everything is also all right, all messages are
> > Chinese, and I tried to use "file /usr/local/bin/gvim", and it told
> > that this binary is a ELF 64bit program.
>
> > So is there anybody who can help me to solve this ? Thanks very much.
>
> Try compiling on Windows with Cygwin or MinGW gcc. I have a HowTo athttp://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compile.htmbut it might
> be out of date in parts; for instance when compiling with Cygwin for
> native-Windows you may have to invoke the compiler (a kind of
> "MinGW-for-Cygwin cross-compiler") as something other than gcc but I'm
> not sure of the details.
>
> Best regards,
> Tony.
> --
> People who are funny and smart and return phone calls get much better
> press than people who are just funny and smart.
>                 -- Howard Simons, "The Washington Post"

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: