Thursday, December 29, 2011

mutt and vim playing together

Hi,

I use vim in combination with mutt. To start vim I have following setting in my
muttrc:

# use vim and skip to the first blank line
set editor = "vim +:silent+/^$"

In my vimrc I have

set hlsearch

So everytime I edit a mail the first line and following manually inserted blank
lines are highlighted. While hlsearch is useful in most cases I find this case
annoying when editing my mails.

How can I temporarily disable hlsearch and let vim jump to the first blank
line?

Any other recommendations for a good mail editing workflow?

Regards, Kai

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: