Saturday, December 31, 2011

Re: :view with split first?

On 31/12/11 20:16, Tim Chase wrote:
> On 12/31/11 12:43, Taylor Hedberg wrote:
>> Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, I think you're looking for
>> `:sview`.
>>
>> e.g.:
>>
>> :vert sv some_readonly_file.txt
>
> Precisely! I knew it had to be some combination of pieces I already
> knew, I just didn't try :sv
>
> I want to say I'd tried that at one point, but either it didn't exist at
> the time, or I missed the optional "[file]" parameter, and assumed it
> did the same as CTRL-W_^ (just splitting the current file)
>
> Thanks!
>
> -tim
>
>
>

IIUC, with :sv[iew] the {file} parameter is not optional. It is,
however, with :vs[plit].


Best regards,
Tony.
--
FORTUNE DISCUSSES THE OBSCURE FILMS! #6

RAZORBACK: Paul Harbride, 1984, 2 hours 25 min.
One of the great Australian films of the early 1980's, and
arguably the best movie ever made about a large, man-eating
hog. Some violence. With Gregory Harrison.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: