Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Re: why is Vim coloring text in txt files?

On Dec 28, 1:15 am, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 28/12/11 01:53, wolfv wrote:
>
> > Hi Tony.  I didn't get vary far.  Here is what I tried.  From the Vim
> > EX Line editor I typed::!mkdir $HOME/vimfiles
> > This cmd window popped up:
> > C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c mkdir $HOME/vimfilesThe syntax of the
> > command is incorrect.shell returned 1Hit any key to close this
> > window...
> > Is there a syntax error?
>
> I thought Vim would interpret the environment variable and path
> separators. OK, try the following then:
>
>         :!mkdir %HOME%\vimfiles
>
>
>
> > Regards,
> > wolfv
>
> ...and remember: in the Vim lists, bottom-posting is preferred, as shown
> in the signature added by the list router.
>
> Best regards,
> Tony.
> --
> GALAHAD:   Camelot ...
> LAUNCELOT: Camelot ...
> GAWAIN:    It's only a model.
>                   "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY)
> PICTURES LTD
Tony,
I added this message below your post in the Reply form. I guess
that's what "bottom posting" means.

I tried this from Vim EX Line editor:
:!mkdir %HOME%\vimfiles
E499: Empty file name for '%' or '#', only works with ":p:h"

I tried this from cmd window:

C:\Users\wolf
> cd %HOME%
The system cannot find the path specified.

What does it mean?

Thanks,
Wolf

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: