Monday, December 26, 2011

Re: VIM-Crypt help

On Wednesday, November 24, 2010 1:23:13 PM UTC+1, KasperH wrote:

YES!  vim-enhanced is the package for Fedora 14, I've got the Huge
version on both systems now, and can decrypt my crypted file with "vi -x"

<..> 

on a newly installed Fedora 14 system (running Amahi, headless),
I have another issue. I did not notice it on the previously used Ubuntu and Fedora 14 systems. they do not exist anymore, so no reference.

considering the solution to my primairy issue, I installed vim-enhanced.
for "vi -x" it works fine, however view(1) does not prompt for a password, and immediately shows the garbage

when I want to edit the crypted file, I use "vi", not "vim"

[root@hda ~]# ll /bin/vi
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 787200 Sep 21 11:27 /bin/vi
[root@hda ~]# ll /bin/view
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 2 Nov 11 21:55 /bin/view -> vi
[root@hda ~]# ll /usr/bin/vim
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2105272 Sep 21 11:27 /usr/bin/vim
[root@hda ~]# echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin
[root@hda ~]#


so when I "vi" a file, it use vim(1), although PATH hits /bin before /usr/bin

/bin/vi --version  shows it is the Small version
/usr/bin/vim --version shows it is the Huge version

I'm lost, my goal is to use view(1) in "Huge mode" and not corrupt the package structure




--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: