Friday, June 29, 2012

Re: How did I get two instances of vim?

On Jun 29, 2012, at 11:08 AM, Eric Weir wrote:

> I'm wondering if the way I've been using vim-session is part of, or all of, the problem. Do I need to close the session before quitting vim? I've been assuming that if the default session has the files I want on startup, I wouldn't need to, that simply quitting vim, making sure all files are written before doing so, would be OK.

My guess is this is the source of the problem. I cleaned everything out. Got rid of all the swap files. Got down to one instance of vim. When I started it up, the default session loaded. I opened files and didn't get "swap already exists." Saved the session, then closed the session. Restarted vim. Repeated the process. Symptoms not recurring now.

Quitting vim without closing the session leaves ~/.vim/session/default.vim.lock in existence. Closing the session before quitting vim gets rid of ~/.vim/session/default.vim.lock.

I had been quitting vim without closing the session since starting to use vim-session several days ago. This is the first time I've encountered this problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA
eeweir@bellsouth.net

"Style is truth."

- Ray Bradbury

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: