Saturday, June 30, 2012

Re: How did I get two instances of vim?

On Jun 30, 2012, at 6:39 AM, Eric Weir wrote:

> On Jun 29, 2012, at 11:38 AM, Tim Gray wrote:
>
>> You seem to think all of your problems are always from whatever plugin you are running. I would look into why a newly started MacVim instance is starting as VIM1 and not VIM. I don't think that's a session thing. I also don't think it's a session thing that you have swap files scattered about. That sounds like something related to improper shut down to me.
>
> Again, I could be overlooking something, but none of your suggestions---improper shut down, etc.---rings a bell.

One thing I haven't mentioned: I start MacVim with QuickSilver. I type <ctrl> <space> to bring up qs, then mv to get the MacVim icon displayed, then hit <return> to start vim.

I don't know if that could get multiple surreptitious instances of vim going or not.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA
eeweir@bellsouth.net

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone,
men would die from a great loneliness of spirit."

- Chief Seattle






--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: