Friday, June 29, 2012

Re: vim: use external program, but direct output to a new vsplitted buffer

On 06/29/2012 11:40 AM, Ben Fritz wrote:

>> so using another tip I learned from a previous thread, how about this:
>>
>> "redirect output to reg z
>> :redir @z
>> "take seleted text as input, output to screen
>> :'<,'> !asciidoc ...
>
> You forgot the w. But maybe it's just a typo.
>
> :'<,'>w !asciidoc
>
> See :help :w_c.
>
>> "end redirection
>> :redir END
>> "open a vsplit win
>> :vsp
>> "paste content of reg z
>> "zp
>>

hi Ben,
yes that is a typo when I write email, I use w when I tested.

gary said in his reply:
:redir redirects the output of Vim commands, not shell commands.

I assume that's why...

thanks aw.

regards
ping

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: