Friday, June 29, 2012

Simple way to add local spell file for a limited set of filesystem locations

Hi!

I do a fair amount of LaTeXing, across a wider selection of
subjects. Since most of these subjects have their own jargon, I
usually add quite a few words to my local spell files (using zg).

The problem is that since there are a lot of acronyms, there is a
good chance that the spellchecker misses a typo because it is a
proper word/acronym in a different context/document.

So ideally, I'd be able to have a spell file per directory (this
would also make using version control easier). All this while
still using the user-global spell file in ~/.vim.

Algorithmically:

- Load system-global word lists*
- Load word lists from runtimepath*
- if there is a possibly empty local spellfile conforming to some
naming scheme, load it, implicitly creating the .spl file

When spellchecking
- When using zg/zw, use local-to-directory spell file, keeping
.spl up-to-date, of course.

If there is no dir-local spell file, just use the user-global
file (usually in ~/.vim).

While I'm sure I could come up with a vim script to do all of
this, I'd very much prefer to use something already done. My vim
script skills are waaaay rusty and why reinvent a wheel (badly at
that). Even better would to achieve this (or some close
approximation) using vim options.

Regards,
Tobias

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: