Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Re: Map Command key to Control on OS X

On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:29:24 AM UTC-6, Tim Gray wrote:
> On Oct 30, 2012 at 08:10 AM -0700, Heldraug wrote:
>
> >Here's the deal: I use a lot a Macbook to code, problem is, it only has
>
> >a small Control key on the left side, so it's kind of uncomfortable to
>
> >use, particularly when using keys that have to be typed with the left
>
> >hand. There are two Command keys, though. I looked around but I
>
> >couldn't find an answer to this. Is there a way to map the Command key
>
> >to Control, so I can use it as a Control key? Has anyone done this?
>
>
>
> No I haven't done that. However, what I have done is to swap the caps
>
> lock key and the left control key. You can probably the command key as
>
> well, but I'm not sure if OS X lets you change just one of the command
>
> keys and not the other. I use the built in capability on 10.7. It's
>
> probably available in other versions of OS X, but I can't verify that at
>
> the moment. Go to System Preferences -> Keyboard, select the Keyboard
>
> tab and then hit the Modifier Keys... button. There are other apps out
>
> there that let you remap things in fancier ways, but for simple modifier
>
> key remapping, this works for me.

That works, problem is, it remaps completely the Command key system wide. What I'm looking for is to map the Cmd key only within Vim.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: